We the members of the Ijaw Interest Advocates (IIA); Izanzan Intellectual Camp on this day, Monday the 29th Day of October, 2018 after a very critical meeting at the Izanzan Camp Conference Center (ICCC) do make the following Observations and Resolutions/Demands;
1. That the recent flood disaster has ravaged virtually all the riverine towns and villages in the Niger Delta, rendering millions of people displaced.
2. That the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has not taken any step whatsoever to assist the victims of the ongoing flood disaster which has ravaged innumerable towns and villages in the Niger Delta either by way of providing IDP Camps or provision of relief materials such as food, medical and health supplements, clothing etc. This is a deviation from the major function of the Commission vis-a-vis conceiving, planning and implementing programmes for the sustainable development of the Niger Delta region.
3. That the Managing Director of the Commission, Dr. Nsima Ekere who is the APC Gubernatorial Flagbearer in Akwa Ibom state is so preoccupied with his political consultations and campaigns that he has no time to attend to his official duties.
4. That the truancy and negligence of the Managing Director of the Commission has not only left many official files unattended to but has greatly created a state of managerial lacuna at the official headquarters of the commission.
5. That the observation in Paragraph 3 above is in gross violation with the provisions of Section 12 (2) of the Niger Delta Development Commission (Establishment Act), 2000.
In line with the aforementioned observations we do state solemnly without any iota of reservation thus:
1. That we can no longer watch with utter indifference, the gross negligence and incompetency demonstrated by the Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Dr. Nsima Ekere in relation to his official duties.
2. That we direct the NDDC to immediately provide relief materials for all the flooded towns and villages in the Niger Delta.
3. That the Managing Director, Dr. Nsima Ekere should henceforth stop managing the affairs of the commission from Akwa-Ibom State. He must carry out his duties at the official headquarters of the commission in Portharcourt, Rivers State.
4.That the affairs of the NDDC, the largest Regional Development Commission in Nigeria cannot be forestalled because of the individual political ambition of the Managing Director, Dr. Nsima Ekere. We shall never allow the development of the region to be mortgaged on the altar of the political ambition of the said Managing Director.
5. That the Managing Director, Dr. Nsima Ekere should immediately attend to all files on his desk which he had left unattended to for several months.
6. That we are giving the Managing Director Dr. Nsima Ekere seven (7) working days with effect from Wednesday, 1st of November 2018 to comply with Paragraphs 2, 3 and 5 of our resolutions/demands above.
7. That the Managing Director should honorably resign upon the event of failure to comply with 2, 3, 5 and 6 of our resolutions/demands above.
8. That we shall use any means legal and or lawful to ensure that the managing Director is shown the way out thereby paving the way for a serious minded person to manage the affairs of the commission.
Signed for Ijaw Interest Advocates (IIA);
Amb Arerebo Yerinmene Jnr
Comr. Obiri Wenebokefe Jonathan
Comr. Ebolo Sam
Comr. Brisibe Oruye Michael
(Edo Chapter, Coordinator)
Comr. Collins Tarasele
(Bayelsa State Coordinator)
Comr. Sylvanus Emmanuel
(Ondo State Coordinator)
Comr. Tonye Gabriel
(Rivers State Coordinator)